- User Value
Helm for WorkSite and IDOL
DocAuto Helm™ continuously monitors WorkSite DMS, WorkSite Communications/EFS Server, SharePoint, SQL, any IDOL environment, and other third party applications, in order to provide a truly comprehensive view of system performance within one powerful interface. This interface not only provides administrators with a graphical view of environment components and dependencies, but also promotes optimal system performance and usage by allowing administrators to control and automate complex IT tasks. If potential problems are detected within the system, Helm sends e-mail notifications to administrators so they may take action to prevent or minimize user impact. Helm can be easily configured to send alerts on critical problems, like hardware failures or capacity issues, or send alerts when predetermined performance thresholds are met. Helm also simplifies and automates many manual IDOL and DMS administration and maintenance tasks, allowing IT Teams to eliminate time allocated to performing tedious tasks which are otherwise necessary to ensure optimal system performance.
Learn more about how Helm specializes in IDOL monitoring here.
Learn what Helm can do for SharePoint here.
The Helm Advantage
- Send notifications when specific values fall within configured thresholds
- Define the types of activities that generate alerts, including IDOL specific data points like queue size and document count
- Receive alerts if specific values or expressions are detected in application log files
- Deactivate alerts during system maintenance
- Simplify and automate many manual IDOL and DMS administration tasks
- View configuration and log files for software dispersed throughout the system within a single centralized interface
- Monitor a variety of Autonomy server applications, including: WorkSite DMS, IDOL, iRM, IUS, WorkSite Communication services, Mobility services, EFS services, and APA services
- Monitor any non-Autonomy applications via service-running checks and complex log file analysis
- Monitor hardware resources, including: Storage Capacity/Usage, Memory Capacity/Usage, etc.
- Monitor and Alert on key IDOL data points in any IDOL content engine, including fragmentation ratio, index queue, and more
- Schedule jobs that automate tasks such as: IDOL indexer-related tasks, health checks, compacting, reconciling, synching servers, etc.
- Send IDOL specific commands that allow for compaction and sync-to-disk operations
- Provides a graphical view of environment components and dependencies
- View graphs and reports based on historical trends of any component
- Easily adjust data points and time-frame criteria while viewing charts
- Overlay and view charts from various data points coming from different IDOL components
How Helm Can Help You
- Designed to minimized system impact by using efficient data transfer techniques
- Automates system checks to free up IT support staff's time
- Simplifies many complex IDOL and DMS administration tasks
- Ensures your search environment is optimized with best practice parameters
- Ensures data is being indexed
- Provides insights into potential issues before the issues affect the end users
- Send maintenance commands to the indexing system directly
- View historical trends or components and their dependencies
- Download The Helm Round Table Summary to read how Helm helped early adopters, King & Spalding and Taft Stettinius
|ILTA 2014 Helm Roundtable Summary|
|Helm for WorkSite Datasheet|